Southwest Minor Hockey Association
COACHES - FAIR PLAY PLEDGE
It is the intention of this pledge to promote fair play and respect for all participants within the Southwest Minor Hockey Association.
All coaches must sign this pledge before being allowed to participate in hockey and must continue to observe the principles of Fair Play.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR COACHES
- I will be reasonable when scheduling games and practices remembering that young athletes have other interests and obligations.
- I will teach my athletes to play fairly and to respect the rules, officials, opponents and teammates.
- I will ensure all athletes receive equal instruction, discipline, support and appropriate, fair playing time.
- I will not ridicule or yell at my athletes for making mistakes or for performing poorly. I will remember that children play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves.
- I will make sure that equipment and facilities are safe and match the athlete's ages and ability.
- I will remember that children need a coach they can respect. I will be generous with praise and set a good example.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my coaching skills.
I agree to abide by the principles of the FAIR PLAY CODE as set by Hockey Canada and supported by the Southwest Minor Hockey Association.
I also agree to abide by the rules, regulations and decisions as set by the Southwest Minor Hockey Association.